As one of the ingredients,I used raw sesame tahini which I purchased from a Middle Eastern grocery store. Only trick in making these are adding the flour gradually. Just check the consistency of the dough when you add each batch of flour so that you should be able to roll each cookie.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup sesame tahini
- 1 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 1 egg ( separated)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3,5 cups floursliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat the sugar and tahini for 1 minute. Add butter, egg yolk and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Gradually add flour in 1 cup or 1/2 cup batches. Check the consistency of the dough each time. You should be able to shape the dough into small balls.
- Shape dough into 3/4- to 1-inch balls and dip in egg whites first,then sliced almond. Place in the baking sheet. Bake 30-35 minutes until they start to brown on the outside.